Hai. Hello and Assalamualaikum. It's been a while my blog being silent.
Haha..kinda busy with life but still jobless. Sounds weird huh? Well. Memang belum dapat kerja lagi tapi menyibukkan diri la kea suruh jaga niece, ulang alik kejap stay Ketiau, kejap kat Petagas.
Hurmm..okay.. lemme share something. There's something good gonna happen on this Friday.
Guess what?? Yaa I know its public holiday and other than that, a rock band all the way from Korea will be held showcase here in Kota Kinabalu...Yes! At my hometown. I'm so happy.
Do you know who they are? it;s ROYAL PIRATES!
The members is James Lee, Moonchul and Sooyoon
To be honest, its rare to have KPOP artists to perform here in Sabah and I can count how many are coming here. But recently, Ailee and Davichi just come to perform for a private event in Sutera Harbour. AIA Korea event if not mistaken.
So, another artists came here just amused me. They choose Sabah first then fly to Kuala Lumpur for their event there on Sunday.
Mommy...im sooo excited. Its been a long time I didn't attend any Kpop showcase or concert. rindu!
Organized by Hotlink Malaysia.
I don't know if I'm able to meet them tomorrow because their flight scheduled to arrived in KK on tomorrow night.
I really wanna see them and watch the event with my eyes.
Okay let's see their profile
~ Member Profile ~
Stage Name: Moon
Birth Name: Kim Moon Chul
English Name: Andrew Kim
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist, Guitarist, Songwriter, Composer
Birth Date: September 2, 1988
Height: 177 cm
Blood Type: O
Specialties: Writing, arranging and composing music
Trivia: – Although he has lived in America for about ten years, his hometown is in Incheon, South Korea
– He states that the meaning for their band’s name is to represent the juxtaposition of the rock genre they specialize in to mirror the double-sided world of their music, meaning that they want to connect the “royal” lineage of rock-stars past with the freedom and spirituality of modern “pirates” to create a lineage that transcends time
– He is quoted for say this: “I won’t say what needs to be said but say what needs to be heard”
– He describes himself as adventurous, sarcastic, and evil all at the same time
– He can also play the bass, the drums, and the piano
– He is deathly afraid of insects, especially cockroaches and praying mantises
– He has been singing since the age of thirteen
– His favorites bands are Muse and Coldplay
– Besides speaking English, he can also speak Japanese fluently
– Ever since grade-school, he has mastered hard rock, modern rock, alternative rock, psychedelic rock, electronica, J-Rock, Brit-pop, and various other genres of music, all while forming his own style in the process
– He doesn’t like to eat any kind of “fishy” food, both raw and cooked
– He was inspired to become a singer after watching “The Titanic”, and grew up as a huge fan of Celine Dion
Stage Name: Sooyoon
Birth Name: Kim Soo Yoon
Nickname: TV (because of his broad shoulders)
Position: Drummer, Vocalist, Maknae, Songwriter, Composer
Birth Date: December 17, 1989
Height: 181 cm
Blood Type: A
Hobbies: Playing Pokemon video games and watching movies
Trivia: – His hometown is Seoul, but he has lived in the U.S. for about ten years
– He is quoted for having said this: “I don’t have enough talent to be a special artist. But I do have greater passion”
– He can also play the bass and the guitar, which he has been playing since he was fourteen. He also has been playing the drums since he was thirteen
– He has a strong sense of a sweet tooth, and he especially loves chocolate
– He is a secret video game nerd and has played all of the Pokemon games
– Because he is an avid Pokemon fan, he is also a huge fan of Pikachu
– He dislikes rainy weather the most
– He assists Moon in arranging most of their music
– He has an eye for style and the chic
– He has written and composed his own solo songs titled “One Hundred Roses” and “Like Butterflies”
– He has been a regular on Arirang’s “K’ poppin” Radio Show ever since April
– His band members claim him to be an “experimental” cook
– He has a fear of seeing dead animals/roadkill
Stage Name: James
Birth Name: Lee Joo Hyun
English Name: James Joo Hyun Lee
Position: Bass, Vocalist
Birth Date: June 9 , 1988
Height: 190 cm
Blood Type: A
Hobbies: Exercising and playing sports
Trivia: – His hometown is Los Angeles, California in America, where he was also born
– He was the last member to join the group on September 20th of 2009, introduced to Moon and Sooyoon through a mutual friend
– He used to be a member of the metal band Azusa, starting at the age of sixteen. He later on became the frontman for the band The Clear and Conscious
– Korean is his second language
– He is quoted for saying this: “Sometimes it’s good to slow down and practice being present”
– He has been playing the bass since the sixth grade
– He can also play six-string guitar and has been playing the trumpet since fourth grade
– His favorite type of food is Mexican, and loves burritos
– He is well known for his intellect and for being a true food addict
– He was previously a server at Sushi Kamon in the City of Industry, California and was an intern at Music Saves Lives. He also worked as a data entry abstracter for a private company in a Los Angeles recording office
– He admits to knowing most of the English speaking idols in the K-Pop industry, including Peniel, Eric Nam, Ailee, Amber, Jackson, Bekah, and Kevin. He also knows Arden Cho fromTeen Wolf and popular YouTuber Jenn Im from clothesencounters
– He has filmed multiple CFs (like the Shinhan Card App CF) and frequently models in advertisements (he also notably worked with the female contestants of America’s Next Top Model in March of 2014)
– He attended California State University, where he majored in Communications and Entertainment
Stage Name: Richard
Birth Name: Kim Moon Chan
English Name: Richard Kim
Birth Date: October 4, 1986
Trivia: – He died on April 11, 2008 from a car accident along with two other friends of the band, David Chung and Daniel Kim
– He was Moon’s brother
– After his death, Moon and Sooyoon decided to change the band’s name from Fading From Dawn to the Royal Pirates (because it just wasn’t the same without Richard), and they added member James
See you guys very soon Royal Pirates. Hope that I can make it.